Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shiretech
3 3 0 0
Message 61 of 64
Flag Post
HP Recommended

dv7-3188cl Fan Problem Solved (no thanks to HP)

When all else simple fails to fix the issue, you sir are one of the ones this whole train wreck is designed to protect... Meaning the catastrophic error the wannabe diagnostic bloatware is prophesizing is actually a legit issue and you're fan probably needs replaced for real...

lloyd out

0 Kudos
shiretech
3 3 0 0
Message 62 of 64
Flag Post
HP Recommended

When all else simple fails to fix the issue, you sir are one of the ones this whole train wreck is designed to protect... Meaning the catastrophic error the wannabe diagnostic bloatware is prophesizing is actually a legit issue and you're fan probably needs replaced for real...

0 Kudos
Namrata1
1 1 0 0
Message 63 of 64
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks a ton for the post.
Today when I started the laptop, I got the error message 'cooling fan is not working properly. Advised to shut down'.
I googled & read your post. Tried blowing the vents with my vacuum blower for 2 min. twice & to my surprise, the fan started working fine.
Thank you once again for sharing
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Carolyn618
1 1 0 0
Message 64 of 64
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I can't begin to tell you how much I appreciate this post, and especially the person who said "the fan is located on the back BEHIND THE "A" KEY!" This was an extremely important piece of information because I had been blowing into all the vents but wasn't concentrating on the one w/ the fan because I had no idea where it was. I had literally tried to bypass the stupid Cooling Fan 902 error screen about 40 times total in the past few days to no avail. I have so many important things on this computer (it's 7 years old) that I need to access and transfer to my new laptop. I was truly panicking.  Thank you SO much!!!

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation