Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
envy 360 convertable
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Just started having a problem at boot up. Face recognition appears and verifies me but them i get the locked screen with hello and my name. I then have to press the space key to get into windows home screen.

I disabled face recognition by the i get the lock screen and have to press enter to enter my pin number. I know its not the end of the world having to do this but seems a pain after having face recognition taking me straight into windows.

Ive also noticed the boot up is taking longer from my ssd drive so dont know if there is something more sinister at work. Ive checked my start up programs after also seeing the blue circle once booted which also didnt used to happen but i have no extra programs loading in the background.

This all started happening without installing new software as i only browse the web and use the laptop for music production.

I'd be really appreciative if anyone has any ideas of what i can try.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@ricalex Welcome to HP Community!

I read somewhere else this is by design because Windows Hello is very quick and this to avoid you unlocking the computer directly after locking it.

That said, here's what you need to do, to turn on the device faster: 

1. Search for and open “Power options” in the Start Menu.
  2. Click “Choose what the power buttons do” on the left side of the window.
  3. Click “Change settings that are currently unavailable.”
  4. Under “Shutdown settings” make sure “Turn on fast startup” is enabled.

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@ricalex Welcome to HP Community!

I read somewhere else this is by design because Windows Hello is very quick and this to avoid you unlocking the computer directly after locking it.

That said, here's what you need to do, to turn on the device faster: 

1. Search for and open “Power options” in the Start Menu.
  2. Click “Choose what the power buttons do” on the left side of the window.
  3. Click “Change settings that are currently unavailable.”
  4. Under “Shutdown settings” make sure “Turn on fast startup” is enabled.

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks, sorry bout late reply but yes, this did make a difference.

HP Recommended

@ricalex

You are welcome. 

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.