01-30-2011 01:32 AM - edited 01-30-2011 02:01 AM
Looking for some help plz.
I have a DV2410us hp laptop. My 160gb hard drive just went out, so i put in a 320gb 7200rpm drive and 2 new memory sticks for a total of 2gb. Same type of memory just more then it came with. I ordered the recovery disk from hp. Everything seemed to load ok, but it keeps restarting after it gets into windows and all of the programs finish booting up. Like norton and windows side bar. There is a little box that pops up for maybe a half a second down on the menu bar that was one of the system file downloaders. Its called fbi gui downlowder, i think that was the name. I have tried to click on it before windows shuts down and it looks like it try's to pull up a screen but closes and the system shuts down,
I will be checking back every hour or so. And let me know if u need anymore system info.
Update: I went ahead and tried to install vista again with the recovery disk. It still did the same thing with the restarts. But now it came up with a black screen with the word err2err3 on the top left part of the screen. I even restarted the thing a few times and tried to use f11.
Could i need to change something on the new hard drive? I remember on my desk top that i had to change the hard drive from master to slave or something like that, its been a long time.
Moved this post over to this forum since the error has locked me out of windows now.
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Black Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Starts but Screen Remains Blank (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start (Windows 10)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)