cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
PaulCott
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

factory reset Elitebook

HP Recommended
Elitebook 830 G6

I bought a laptop as instructed by Airbus.  I was working for them after they "masterised it" I cant work as can not travel UK to France so contract stops.  I need the laptop for other things now.  Airbus not "unmasterised??"

How to factory reste to make it ordinary again please?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
137,897 92,559 21,283 28,584
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

You should be able to use the HP cloud recovery client to factory reset the notebook.

This package provides the Cloud Recovery Client for supported models running a supported operating system. This Client Utility enables users to download the Recovery Kit from the cloud.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp102001-102500/sp102369.exe

I have attached the instructions below for how to use the cloud recovery client utility.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
PaulCott
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for that.  I had to get my wife to buy the Laptop whilst on business.  Although I use it for business, how do I know if it is business recovery or consumer recovery i need?

Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
137,897 92,559 21,283 28,584
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

That link to the recovery client I posted is for business class notebooks such as the 830 G6 that are supported by the utility.

Since it was listed on the 830 G6, that is the file/utility you need to create bootable recovery media to factory reset the PC.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation