Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Pavilion X360
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

HP Pavilion X360  Windows 7 Pro 64 bit

HP recommended bios update completed successfully, but remains on that notice screen..

I'm stuck on that screen...can't do anything

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@FamousRon
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

• Have you tried restarting the computer? If no disconnect all connected devices such as USB flash drive or external HDD from the computer and restart.

While you respond to that, let's try these steps: 
Recovering the BIOS

1. Turn off the computer, and then connect the power cord.

2. Press and hold the Windows key and the B key at the same time, and then press and hold the Power button for 2 to 3 seconds.

3. Release the Power button but continue pressing the Windows and B keys. You might hear a series of beeps.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@FamousRon
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

• Have you tried restarting the computer? If no disconnect all connected devices such as USB flash drive or external HDD from the computer and restart.

While you respond to that, let's try these steps: 
Recovering the BIOS

1. Turn off the computer, and then connect the power cord.

2. Press and hold the Windows key and the B key at the same time, and then press and hold the Power button for 2 to 3 seconds.

3. Release the Power button but continue pressing the Windows and B keys. You might hear a series of beeps.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
Echo_Lake; Thanks for your assist... I'll keep that solution in my files for future use. I am now up and running. I'm going to post a new question on upgrading the NVME SSD (Intel Optane) 8 GB to a much larger one... Hope to hear from you again.. Thanks again
HP Recommended

@FamousRon

Glad to hear that the issue is resolved. If you need any help, feel free to reach out to us.

Have a great day! 

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@FamousRon

Glad to hear that the issue is resolved. If you need any help, feel free to reach out to us.

Have a great day! 

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.