Tutor
10 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

forgot bios password

m6-w103dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

forgot bios password.  I've already been given a code, and entered it, but didn't work. I even tried using a USB keyboard, and that didn't work either.   What next????     Plz Help!!!!  Thank-You

3 REPLIES
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
12664 840 1471
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

forgot bios password

Hi @jamminjodi

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I appreciate you taking the time to share your concern and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers.

I reviewed your post and understand that you want the bios password for your computer.

I’d love to help!

You would have to contact HP phone support for a hardware service as the motherboard may require a tattoo/Bios Flash.

Any other way of unlocking the BIOS is not authorized by HP.

Keep me posted and I hope you have a good day ahead.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

jamminjodi Tutor
Tutor
10 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

forgot bios password

i was unable to reach a real person when I called HP. My warranty run out  Jan. 17th (just my luck)  and basically they want $59 to start, and after fixed, i'm to pay the remainder!  SUX!  I met two men @ bestbuy, Sunday, and they told me I wouldn't be charged unless they actually have to access my laptop...   heck, I don't know...  I guess I'll try again.

BTW, Thank You for your quick response!

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
12664 840 1471
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

forgot bios password

Hi @jamminjodi

Thank you for posting back.

I suggest you can try doing a bios recovery, it may or may not fix the problem.

Follow the steps in the below link to perform bios recovery.

http://hp.care/2bXONjA

Keep me posted and I hope you have a good day ahead.

Take care!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation