Post new question
Question

Student
Message 1 of 2 (176 Views)

got a lemon

i bought what i thought was the best laptop hewlett packard made. unfortunately, after overheating problems, a broken blue-ray drive, and now a system that is constantly locking up, i've accepted the fact that i was sold a lemon. and not only that, but hp claims no resposibility for the most recent problem, because my warrantee has now expired.  i was offered a 30% discount to send it in and have it repaired, which is more of an insult than an offer.  after what i paid for this laptop, and all the problems i've had with it, they should bend over backwards to make it right. instead they shirk responsibility and try to distance themselves from the problem.

i won't pay them to fix this thing. what i will do is post this message, or one very much like it, everywhere i can. e-bay and amazon, nextag and egghead. i will post on facebook, i will twitter. and i will tell everyone i know or meet what a bunch of deadbeats hp is. 

i don't have the power of a corporation. what i do have is access to billions of people via the internet.  and it will be my mission to cost them hundreds of times what it would have cost them to make one valued customer happy. 

so, if you are reading this, do yourself a favor. find a company that builds a reliable product. find a company that values your business. stay away from hp.

0 Kudos
Distinguished Professor
Message 2 of 2 (142 Views)

Re: got a lemon

Hello Dissatisfied22, 

I saw your post and forwarded it to the right people for their review. You should hear back from someone shortly via private message on this Forum.

Thanks 

Clicking the White Kudos star on the left is a way to say Thanks!

Clicking the 'Accept as Solution' button is a way to let others know which steps helped solve the problem!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation