Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

I have an omen 15 ( 15 - dc 1008ne )device and have updated to windows eleven and i have a gray security boot and i can’t press on lode factory it also a gray how i can enable security boot 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi:

If Windows is installed in UEFI mode, see if this works to enable secure boot:

To check if Windows is installed in UEFI mode run the system information app.

Scroll down to the BIOS Mode line.

In order to enable Secure boot, the BIOS Mode must indicate UEFI.

If it indicates Legacy, then you will need to reinstall Windows by booting your Windows installation media from the UEFI boot source.

If the BIOS Mode is UEFI:

Step 1. Go into the BIOS and Load HP Factory Default Keys and see if Secure Boot becomes available.

Step 2. If it does not than go into the operating system and disable “Fast Boot” (Steps below).

How to Disable Windows 10 Fast Startup (lifewire.com)

Step 3. go back into your BIOS and try Load HP Factory Default Keys.

Step 4. enable Secure Boot at this point.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.