01-31-2017 05:35 AM
I have tried everything that's possible with my laptop.
I can't get it to work. I try to do a factory reset but nothing.
Is it not possibe to get a windows 10 recovery USB stick from hp support?
or Ihave bought one, where can I get one?
01-31-2017 07:30 AM
According to the HP product page for your PC, it came with Win8.1 preinstalled, not Win10 -- and HP only makes recovery media for the original OS that comes preinstalled.
However, you can create a Win10 install USB stick from this link: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/media-creation-tool-install?ocid=ms_wol_win10
***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***
I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
02-01-2017 06:54 PM
Ok. Before I going to install Windows 10, I have to tell you this.
I have done the following:
In the BIOS of the laptop there is a tool that you can use to check the harddisk.
I have use that tool and also the advanced.
Then I try again to do a factory reset. Going well this time. But for my surprise I get Windows 8.
And I got a message that the Windows key is not valid any more.
Showing me the last four character of the key.
What to do?
I need the original key to install Windows 10.
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Black Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Starts but Screen Remains Blank (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start (Windows 10)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)