Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
ProBook 650 G1
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Any help much appreciated...

ProBook 650 G1 running windows 10

Hot keys don't work (volume/screen brightness on function keys)?

Also some keys are mixed up like the @ symbol above '2' actually writes "  ?

- So i read on this forum this can be fixed in the BIOS - however the BIOS has a password which i no longer recall...

I have removed the BIOS battery and it does not reset the password.

Incorrect bios password 3 times does not give any code?

Can anyone help how i can get the keyboard fixed up and the hotkeys to function?

thank you

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello

if yoiu presse Shift+2 and you get @ instead of " or viceversa , it's just a  keyboard language setting. you just need to set the language in the bIOSsetting and in Windows 10.

for the function key, you just need to install the right softpaq called HP HotKeys available at this link: https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/hp-probook-650-g1-notebook-pc/5405400/swI...

bye

HP Recommended

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

According to the Community's Rules of Participation:

4d. No posts shall include instructions or directions intended to bypass or subvert security measures, including passwords, locking mechanisms, fingerprint scans, etc., or to bypass any safety measures.

Therefore, this topic is being locked. If you would like help resetting the password on your product, please Contact HP support in your region. 

Regards,
MayS.

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.