09-02-2011 11:15 AM
yesterday my DV7-1132nr refused to boot - it starts in that all the lights come on but no display on the screen and it seems to be constantly trying to read the DVD drive. Tried to start off a boot CDROM - no luck. Then noticed flashing CAPS LOCK/NUM LOCK light - 1 flash = Corrupt Bios
I have tried several different options (Phoenix Crisis Recovery, etc) but all of them require the laptop to read data off a USB flash drive (which has boot data and bios update files). However even using Windows Key+B or fn key+B does not make ythe laptop access the USB flash drive. Any ideas?
09-02-2011 11:20 AM
It wont b possible to recover The Bios its a system board issue ..if your product is in warranty contact HP tech support.
They will repair it for free there would b no cost .. No is 800-hpinvent
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Black Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Starts but Screen Remains Blank (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start (Windows 10)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)