Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
15-db0017nv

Hello,

I face a strange issue on my hp 15-db0017nv

I noticed that while on windows, the battery was depleting as if it was not on power and eventually would die. When I tried to plug out and back in the ac adapter, all I got was a solid white light but windows would not detect that it had a charger plugged in.

I tried to do the diagnostics for power at the system startup (pressing f2) but that too would not detect the AC adapter. However, the battery charges when I shut down the laptop and plug the charger in. It displays an orange light and keeps charging. Also although the adapter is not detected by windows or HP internal diagnostics, when I plug the adapter in, the AC power indicator turns white and when I remove it, the light goes off.

I tried removing and reinstalling the AC power drivers in windows and tried to do a hard reset by keeping power pressed for 15 seconds... That last one didn't do anything so I'm not sure if I did it right. I might need to press a different key combination.

The Laptop does not have a removable battery. When I turn it upside down I only see 4 screws of which I only figured that one releases the dvd drive. Even if I remove all 4 of them I am unable to remove the bottom cover. I guess hinges hold it in place and am too afraid I might break them so I didn't try to pry it open.

I appreciate any feedback you could provide

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.