Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP — 15-bs100ur
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi all, I'm have a problem with update new version bios F.51 Rev A . The last normal installed version is F.42 Rev A

After update on F.51 and  next reboot device is stopped on black screen with lightin boot led. Next recovery on F.51 don't have a continue. I could restore on F.42 with very difficult and many times recovery and reboot. Can You please help me and answer what's the trouble?

I know F.42 haz a problem with wrong boot initialization, that error was fixed in F.51. May bee problem here? Then how I can get update?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Echo_Lake

Okay, well I'm managed to solve the problem with update bios from F.42 to F.51 Rev A!

For this:

1. Dowload arhive F.51 Rev A but don't use update from Windows and use point 3 for Advanced users (extract files into user places) for example USB flash drive.

2. Install the last of HP PC Hardware Diagnostics UEFI

3. Reboot Book with pushing F2 (HP PC Hardware Diagnostics UEFI) and goin into built-in firmware, update BIOS.

4. Chusing your support device BIOS XXXXX.bin (08328.bin for me) and starting update.

In this method update ending without any problem and succesfull reboting.

And enjoy :Wink:

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

@AS_id
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

I understand the difficulty with the problem.
For better clarity and to assist you better I would require more information regarding this:

• What is the product number of your device? Use this link to find it: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824 (Ensure you do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc...).
  • Are you getting any error message or code?
  • Are you able to boot into windows desktop?

Keep me posted for further assistance.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@Echo_Lake wrote:

@AS_id
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

I understand the difficulty with the problem.
For better clarity and to assist you better I would require more information regarding this:

• What is the product number of your device? Use this link to find it: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824 (Ensure you do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc...).
  • Are you getting any error message or code?
  • Are you able to boot into windows desktop?

Keep me posted for further assistance.

My device code:

Product number:

2VZ79EA

After update and veryfication F.51 Rev A I'm don't getting any error code/message, sound effect or anything but simply black screen and lighting power led.
After many times restore to F.42 Rev A via usb hp recovery bios tools I succeeded to get normal inicilization and boot windows.
But I can't downgrade bios older F.42 for pass fail boot and update to F.51
HP Recommended

@AS_id
Thank you for posting back. 

I appreciate your efforts to try and resolve the issue. As a computer not booting into windows desktop and stays in a blank screen. I would request you to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to check the available service options for your laptop.

HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:

• Click on this link – www.hp.com/contacthp/
  • Select the product type.
  • Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.
  • Select the country from the drop-down.
  • You should see the HP support number or Chat option listed

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@Echo_Lake Thx for answers

Perhaps You can't understand me? (sorry for my English) But I write about I can boot Windows, because I managed return bios F.42 via many times bios recovery tools. But I can't update new F.51 because of an bug that prevents to do it... And I simply using my book on F.42 but waiting help for future updates... 

HP Recommended

@Echo_Lake

Okay, well I'm managed to solve the problem with update bios from F.42 to F.51 Rev A!

For this:

1. Dowload arhive F.51 Rev A but don't use update from Windows and use point 3 for Advanced users (extract files into user places) for example USB flash drive.

2. Install the last of HP PC Hardware Diagnostics UEFI

3. Reboot Book with pushing F2 (HP PC Hardware Diagnostics UEFI) and goin into built-in firmware, update BIOS.

4. Chusing your support device BIOS XXXXX.bin (08328.bin for me) and starting update.

In this method update ending without any problem and succesfull reboting.

And enjoy :Wink:

HP Recommended

What's interesting, hp™ recall update bios F.51 RevA. Perhaps will be to fix procedure of updating 🙂

HP Recommended

please can you help me out, i have the same bios update failure. updated my bios from f.04 to f.19 and ever since my laptop has been on blank screen. I have tried also doing a usb bios recovery, still the same blank screen.

hp 15-da0032wm

i3-8130U

product ID: 4AK77UA

thanks, i will be most grateful.. the laptop was not up to a week old before this happened.

HP Recommended

I can only advise you to try restore via usb older bios versions. After this update to new version via uefi utility F2

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.