Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
hp 250 g5
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

hi hope someone can help 

hp support asistant showed several updates for my hp 250 g5 

one of these was the bios 

after installing the bios it asked to be restarted 

the notebook restarted, installed the bios and then said it needs to restart again except it shut down and didnt restart

i've tried the 'windows key/b/power button combo'...nothing 

i've tried the 'disconnect the charging brick and batter and holding the power button to hard reset the laptop'......nothing 

i've removed the motherboard battery to reset the bios .....nothing 

if i hold the power button for longer than 5 seconds the white light next to the charging port goes out and comes back on when i release the power button

no other lights or sounds from the notebook 

as far as i can tell. other than the white light next to the charging port, the notebook is dead  

can anyone help, know whats happened, know of a work around 

i know this notebook is out of warrenty but this was a hp suggested update 

result- one bricked notebook

ideas anyone 

sorry if this is in the wrong chat, forum or place 

thanks in advance for any help you can provide

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello,

I have the same symptoms: HP250 G5, won't start, appears to charge ok (orange LED goes white), but goes out when I hold power button for 5s or more.  I don't know if the BIOS was updated before it went wrong.

Were you able to solve the problem?  Thanks.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.