Locked topic

This topic has been locked due to inactivity for a long period of time. If you have a question, please create a new topic by clicking here.
Bratus Honor Student
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

hp ProBook 6570b bios password

hp ProBook 6570b
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi Guys,

I bought this ProBook 6570b second hand for personal use, cannot boot from any drive except the laptop hard drive; I wanna upgrade to Windows 8.1/10 but cant do so as the bios has an unknown administrator password and boot sequence cannot be changed. Tried chatting with hp support but they just keep redirecting from one Tech guy to another and the issue is still unresloved. Kindly help me with this.

3 REPLIES
Bratus Honor Student
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

PS: I am aware of the "maazif" and chip change solutions but don't wanna use those, want a legitt password for my computer's bios. Thank you!

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
43853 3254 13555
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Outside of the tool by Mazzif or changing chip- no one here can help you other than official HP Tech Support. They should provide you with a .bin fie to clear/reset password.

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the Thumbs-Up button as a way to say Thanks!***

Bratus Honor Student
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply Ms. Cheryl, I will try to contact hp Tech Support again.
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation