Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post
HP Recommended

hp bios utility not working

HP EliteBook 8460p
Other
I downloaded the latest BIOS (Version:F.64 Rev.A ) update and ran the utility on windows 10. The machine's power was interrupted during startup . Ever since I have a blank screen with the capslock light flashing and the fan running heavily. The HP recovery partitions have all been wiped since it is a new install of windows. None of this would be a huge ordeal except that the hp recovery utility as described at this website http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02693833 does not load so I cannot create a USB device. Furthermore after redownloading the BIOS update and attempting to run the .exe directly it says the ROM.CAB is missing or corrupt. 1) Where is there a good version of the BIOS I need? I would be fine with an old version as long as the computer boots. 2) If BIOS is shot does this motherboard allow me to replace the BIOS chip? Thank you for your help in advance.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation