Honor Student
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

hp dv 6701 AU laptop hang on starting window logo

pavilion dv6701 AU
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

hello sir , i have hp pavilion dv6701 Au laptop, i am facing a problem with laptop, when i turn on the laptop it hang on windows starting logo with orange dot, to the power off need hold down power button , some time laptop boot normaly but many times laptop hang on windows starting logo with orange dot. i tray the dignostic test ram and hard drive ,test pass success fully many time , i replese battery , hard drive and ram also , but problem is not solve, i had update the bios but nothing work, and also chage the bios battery ..but problem not solve , how to i solve this problem , what i need new board or any solution are available of this problem, please help me....

1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
12360 12337 1165 2353
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

hp dv 6701 AU laptop hang on starting window logo

Hi @Surendra2,

Thanks for taking an interest in the HP Support Forums! Good day! Smiley Happy I reviewed the post about the computer freezing on the HP logo at times.t will be a delight to assist you here. Smiley Happy

Superb effort, brilliant troubleshooting and commendable diagnosis of the issue before posting.  Kudos to you on that score. Smiley Happy  You are a valued HP customer and it is paramount to assist you here. I take it as a privilege to share this platform with you. Smiley Happy

For better clarity and to assist you better I would require more information regarding this.

• Did this happen after a  Windows or a software update?
  • Did you check by reinstalling windows?
  • When did this first begin?
  • I know that you have mentioned that you’ve run diagnostics on the computer. Did you run the complete system diagnostics?

For starters, if the issue is a recent occurrence please run a system restore to an earlier time before the issue started from this link: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01835735  and follow the option “Restoring Windows 7 to a previous point” to try and resolve the issue.

If this does not do the trick please backup all your files and data nd perform a complete system recovery to factory settings from this link: http://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c01867418 and follow the option “Steps to follow for Recovery from the startup screen (during system boot) OR when unable to boot to login in screen” or the most appropriate option that best describes the situation.If not, please contact HP phone support to order recovery media for this computer if you do not have one or created one.

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect

Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

Step 4. Scroll down and click: HP contact options - click on Get phone number, Case number and phone number appear.

They will be happy to assist you immediately.

Hope this helps.   I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. Smiley Happy  Please reach out for any issues and I'll always be there to assist you always. Smiley Happy

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.

If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. Smiley Happy

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead. Smiley Happy

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation