09-21-2011 11:04 AM
I have an HP envy 17 with an Intel i5 processor and 8 GB of memory. My processor seems to run at a very slow speed ( around 75 MHz) for a computer that should be running at 2500 Mhz. The sound becomes distorted and the computer is almost unusuable. I have turned off anti-virus software and have the same problems. Does anyone else have this type of problem with this machine? Thanks.
09-21-2011 11:10 AM
Does this happen all the time or when just running a Game or other SW?
We have a BIOS update for a "throttling" issue that has been corrected.
This will depend on your model - what model do you own?
for the Envy 17 - 2xx models.
|Fix/Enhancement:||- Fixes an issue where the notebook operates slower than expected when running multiple programs.|
"Did my response help with your issue? If so, please give me Kudos by clicking the "Kudos" button or mark the post that solved your problem as the Accepted Solution. Thanks!"
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Black Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Starts but Screen Remains Blank (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start (Windows 10)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)