Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Post new question
Question

Honor Student
Message 1 of 9 (1,756 Views)

hp envy x360 keeps restarting

Product Name: envy x360

My notebook keeps restarting at unknown times. i thought it was due to sleep settings but I switched them off and it still happens. it seems to happen more when I have it charging. Anyone else having this problem?

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
Message 2 of 9 (1,734 Views)

Re: hp envy x360 keeps restarting

Hi @sean_cruise,

Welcome to HP Forums.

To have the best experience on HP forum, visit our HP Forums Guide to know more.

Did windows install any updates asking for a restart?

Please share any messages you see during any restart of the PC that you have noticed on the screen.

Resolv_S

Glad to help you. I work for HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

Honor Student
Message 3 of 9 (1,722 Views)

There is no message that comes up. It just goes to the hp logo with a black background and then the hp logo with a blue background. It then goes to the home log in screen as if it had just restarted. It has been doing this for about 6 weeks so i cannot recall if it happened due to an update requiring a restart. 

HP Support Agent
Message 4 of 9 (1,719 Views)

Thanks for the reply.

As you predicted, it could be due to the Windows update as well. Have a close watch on the PC activity and let me know for any other issues. Also, check if the PC is heating up underneath the keyboard or the touchpad as well.

Let me know for more.

Resolv_S

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

Honor Student
Message 5 of 9 (1,715 Views)

It might be the fan. I don't recall hearing the fan turn on and it only seems to restart when there multiple programs running as well as it getting hot. HP support assist is also malfunctioning. it will not open. 

HP Support Agent
Message 6 of 9 (1,713 Views)

Thanks for the reply.

Then I suggest you contact phone support to have the Notebook checked for any warranty related services. Use the link below to reach Phone support.

http://hp.care/2bjG4nE

Let me know for more.

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

Honor Student
Message 7 of 9 (1,707 Views)

I actually looked up my computer and it seems it might be overheating due to a recall on the battery. Would that be something that is possible?
HP Support Agent
Message 8 of 9 (1,699 Views)

Thanks for responding.

The unit will restart more often when the unit overheats.

This happens only to prevent any damages to internal components. But if the Battery fails, the unit wouldn’t power on at all if it is being used only on battery.

Both are two different things. As I suggested earlier, check if the fan spins the moment you power on the PC, if it isn’t, then I recommend to contact Phone support for further support needs based on the warranty.

http://hp.care/2bjG4nE

Let me know for more.

Resolv_S

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

Top Student
Message 9 of 9 (455 Views)

HI, I had this and spent hours with HP support, installing new BIOS, resetting PC, system recovery, etc, etc.

In the end, what worked for me was turning off HP Coolsense.  Since I did this, the random restarts have not happened, a week now.  Fingers crossed, this is what worked for me!

Good luck

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation