Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
hp laptop 15-dw3xxx
Microsoft Windows 11

hp laptop 15-dw3xxx no boot device

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@adarob

Welcome to the HP support community.

I understand that you are getting a no boot device error, I am glad to assist you.

Please follow the below steps to identify and resolve this concern: 

Step 1: Perform a hard reset 

HP Notebook PCs - Performing a Hard Reset or Forced Reset 

Step 2: Restore BIOS default settings 

Step 3: Test the hard drive using HP PC Hardware Diagnostics UEFI (In your case, Skip to Step 4) 

Step 4: Reseat the hard drive (here's a video that shows how to re-seat the drive: Click here) 

Step 5: Perform an HP System Recovery 

If none of the above actions resolved the error condition, back up your personal data and then perform an HP System Recovery on the notebook. See one of the following documents for instructions: 

Click here for instructions. 

If the issue persists, it's most likely a hardware connection failure and you will need to contact HP phone support for a hardware service 

Keep me posted.

If this helps, please mark the public post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.