Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP 8300
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am having issues with my computer locking up.   I ran the HP Memory test and it failed with the following code:

GU3RWW-000ANX-WPQEXG-007U03

Can anyone give me any insight on what this code means?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

That's great news.

I guess it wasn't bad enough to cause the 5 beep, red flash error, a memory module problem usually presents.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

This is the report generated by the code you posted, minus your PC's serial number.

Failure Information
Failure ID Tag Checksum HP Serial Number Test Date Failure Code Device Includes Error Message
GU3RWW-000ANX-WPQEXG-007U03OK00000000008/11/210System/Processor BoardBackplane Board, System Board, Processor, Processor BoardBGA integrity

Seems like there may be a problem of some kind with the motherboard.

Does the PC produce any beep codes with the red flashing power LED?

HP Recommended

I found that if I removed Dimm 1 RAM memory chip, the test would pass.  I checked the slot and the slot seems like it works too with one of the other chips in Dimm 1 location.   So, it seems the DDR3 that was in that location went bad.  

HP Recommended

That's great news.

I guess it wasn't bad enough to cause the 5 beep, red flash error, a memory module problem usually presents.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.