12-17-2010 11:17 AM
I tried to restore my mini after internet explorer quit working. Now all i get is windows boot manager asking to choose an operating system. XP or Roxio BackOnTrack. Both selections give me a boot selection failed because a required device is inaccessible. What can I do?
12-17-2010 01:22 PM
You may need to re-install the OS, sounds like the recovery partition is shot. You could slave the hard drive to another computer to back up the data before reinstalling the OS.
12-17-2010 04:52 PM
I made a flash drive bootable and copied XP to it. I can boot up from the usb drive and get windows running ok.
Now if I boot from the hard drive I get the same boot manager page
12-20-2010 11:34 AM
Yes, it sounds like you'll need to re-install the OS on the hard drive. But if you have a bootable USB drive you could try running a checkdisk or System File Check to see what it may find if anything.
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Black Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Starts but Screen Remains Blank (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start (Windows 10)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)