Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
hp compaq nc4830
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

I wonder if there is an old version of the hp nc8430 bios. please help me, it's urgent. I've installed a new bios on the computer, and after 5 minutes it warms up and turns off. his old bio was from 2006.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

Go to your notebook's support page and select the drivers listed under Windows Vista.

HP Compaq nc8430 Notebook PC Software and Driver Downloads | HP® Customer Support

Click on the F.16 BIOS update and below that, you will see a list of the previous BIOS versions you can install.

You can go all the way back to F.0F, December 19, 2006.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

Go to your notebook's support page and select the drivers listed under Windows Vista.

HP Compaq nc8430 Notebook PC Software and Driver Downloads | HP® Customer Support

Click on the F.16 BIOS update and below that, you will see a list of the previous BIOS versions you can install.

You can go all the way back to F.0F, December 19, 2006.

HP Recommended

first of all thanks. But, the bios on the link you sent dated Jul 7, 2008, I need an old bios. it gives an error when the new bios is installed.(my English is a little weak)

thanks

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

I guess I have a failure to communicate.

OK...I will make it easy.

Here is the link to the oldest BIOS update on your notebook's support page.

HPQFlash for HP Notebook System BIOS (68YVD) - Microsoft Windows/Vista-Based

F.0F   Dec 19, 2006

sp34579.exe (hp.com)

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.