11-21-2016 11:51 AM
went to turn on and it says your pc ran into a problem and needs to restart we will restart for you then it goes to prepairing auto repair and just fails to start after many tries just keeps doing the same thing.
11-22-2016 04:46 AM - last edited on 03-16-2017 10:27 AM by OscarFuentes
Welcome and Thank you for posting your query on HP Support Forum
According to the error message you have posted I suspect there could be a hardware issue on your Notebook
It could be possible that the Hard Drive might have bad sectors or Memory Module on the Notebook could be corrupted
Please perform the Steps as shown below:-
1. Please "Turn OFF" the Notebook
2. "Power ON" the Notebook and keep tapping the Escape Key during the start up to enter the Start-up Menu
3. Now here, Please select the BIOS option [F10] and under the Advanced or Diagnostic tab
4. You should find the facility to run tests on both the Hard Disk Drive and Memory
Note: Please perform these two tests and post back with the details of any error messages
Please click the below shown link to find the steps for per
forming Hard Drive Test
- Turn on the computer and immediately press the esc key repeatedly, about once every second, to display the Startup Menu.
- Press the F2 key to open System Diagnostics.
- On the HP Advanced System Diagnostics screen, click Hard Disk Test.
Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again
**Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
I am not an HP Employee