Honor Student
4 3 0 0
Message 1 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

hp pavilion 15-n297sa will not start

HP pavilion 15-n297sa
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (32-bit)
Hi. My hp pavilion 15-n297sa will not start at all. Previously everything had worked fine having bought the laptop only a couple of years ago. However, I didn't use it for around 3 months and when I came back it would not start at all. There is no response at all when I press the power button from the laptop. I have searched through websites and forums and have tried removing the battery to perform hard resets multiple times but still nothing. Would be very grateful if someone could please help.
7 REPLIES 7
Distinguished Professor Distinguished Professor
Distinguished Professor
1964 1956 301 583
Message 2 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Try the steps listed in the below link

http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-Pavilion-15-Notebook-PC-series/6529948/model/6732718/document...

Regards

Mahemac

--Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos (purple thumbs up icon in the lower right corner of a post)
--Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
0 Kudos
hgsarmstrong Honor Student
Honor Student
4 3 0 0
Message 3 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Tried the hard reset and there is still no response at all from the computer. Anything else I could try?
0 Kudos
Distinguished Professor
1964 1956 301 583
Message 4 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Remove the battery and try turning ON only using AC adapter, if this is not working. Then try using the same adapter on another unit to make sure this adapter works.

Regards

Mahemac

--Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos (purple thumbs up icon in the lower right corner of a post)
0 Kudos
Honor Student
4 3 0 0
Message 5 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The cable is working fine as the charging light turns on when it is inserted. Still no response though. Any suggestions?
0 Kudos
Distinguished Professor
1964 1956 301 583
Message 6 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

If you do see light on Turn ON button, then you can try few steps to check whats the issue. If you dont, then the power is not passing to motherboard which is not allowing you to Turn ON the unit. 

Regards

Mahemac

0 Kudos
Honor Student
4 3 0 0
Message 7 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

There is only a light next to try charging port. When I press the power button there is no response from any of the keys and there are no lights on any of them including the power button. What would you suggest I do?
0 Kudos
Distinguished Professor
1964 1956 301 583
Message 8 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

This could be an Hardware issue. I would suggest you to try using a different adapter once and if then the computer does not turns ON. Then you can take the unit to local store to check which part as gone bad.

Regards

Mahemac

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation