Locked topic

This topic has been locked due to inactivity for a long period of time. If you have a question, please create a new topic by clicking here.
gboly Student
Student
0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

hp pavilion 15 notebook pc not charging

hp pavilion 15 notebook pc 15-
Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)
Hi @ all.
I am having problems with my PC. It is no longer charging. When I plug the charging line (the charging wire and adaptor) it is not charging. The orange charging light by the charging port is not coming up. But when I am about to plug in the charger, it makes some sound to show that the charger is good and working well. But if I put on the system, it will come up but the charger and the adaptor is not charging the PC.
I have removed the battery and held down the power button for about a minute and it still did not work.
Please help. What can I do
1 REPLY
Retired
Retired
228 19 37
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

hp pavilion 15 notebook pc not charging

Hello @gboly,

Welcome to the HP Forums! I read your post on the HP Support Forums and wanted to reach out to you regarding the charging issues you are experiencing on the Pavilion 15 notebook.

It is not completely clear if the issue is with the battery or the adapter at this point so you would likely want to use this document as a starting point as it will guide you through isolating and testing both components.

If you are still experiencing issues you may find this document helpful as it will assist with improving the battery life and troubleshooting some other causes of charging issues.

If you require further assistance, let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help. If this helped resolve the issue, please mark this post as Accept as Solution.

Thanks!

Please click the Thumbsup.JPG below to show you like/appreciate my post or to simply say thanks!

Please share what worked for you with others by marking the post as solved by clicking the Accept as Solution button.

Thanks - I work on behalf of HP

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation