Locked topic

This topic has been locked due to inactivity for a long period of time. If you have a question, please create a new topic by clicking here.
MrBear42 Honor Student
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

hp pavilion X360 11-n011dx

Pavilion x360 11-n011dx

Searched forums with no luck . Power cord plugged in with white light ,no other lights flashing or blinking . Tryed the hard reset for model with sealed batery (holding power button down) no response. Looking for some model specific answers because standard trobleshooting has been tried and failed . Thanks in advance.

5 REPLIES
Retired
Retired
2840 184 354
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @MrBear42, 

This is a great question others may also be wondering about; please click the Accept as Solution if you feel this post helps you, or could help others.

I gathered that you wanted troubleshooting steps that were more specific to your HP Pavilion 11-n011dx x360 PC. I am guessing that you cannot get your Notebook to turn on at this point based on the description  you had provided; if this is true, please follow the steps below. 

Please remove any and all USB devices. Disconnect all non-essential devices, as these could cause some issues. Then please try and connect an external Monitor or TV to your Notebook to see if the screen displays properly there. 

As silly as it sounds, did you happen to try removing dust from the cooling areas in a notebook?

Have you tried to start in Safe Mode?

Did you receive any error messages?

Have you done a BIOS reset?

Are you able to try and do A Hardware Test? HP provides diagnostic software that you can use to test hardware components on your computer; to rule out or confirm hardware failures when something is wrong. 

Can you hear the fan running when you try to turn on the Notebook? 

If the computer is on, but the display remains blank, see Computer Starts but Screen Remains Blank.

Here are more documents for you. You would need to try these steps to try and find out where the problem is originating from. 

You can also try and use the: 

There is a document called Computer Does Not Power On, or Powers Off Immediately After Powering On that may also help you. 

If you require further assistance, I would be more than happy to continue to help you. Please re-post with the results of the troubleshooting and could you please provide me with Which Windows Operating Systems you are running.

If you would like to show you appreciation for my efforts today, please take a second to click the Thumbs Up button below.

Welcome to the HP Support Community! I am glad that you joined in! 

Have a great day! 

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
MrBear42 Honor Student
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

My os is windows 10.  My computer will not power on and I am unable to perform most of the trobleshooting you sugjested . I tried the others with no success .Agian I have a white light when plugged in and no flashing light when pressing or holding the power button ,also I do not here a fan . 

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
2840 184 354
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey! Thank you for getting back to me! 

Did you happen to follow the steps in the documentation I had provided to you?

If you remove the notebook battery, plug the AC power cable back into the notebook, then turn it on, does it power the Notebook? 

Please make sure that the AC adapter cable is not plugged into a power strip, surge protector, or secondary power source. It should be directly into a wall outlet. 

What steps did you happen to try?

Did you happen to try removing dust from the cooling areas in a notebook?

Did you try a hard reset?

Did you try to connect the Notebook to an external monitor/TV to see if it would come on?

If there is no noise from the computer case or fans, the lights on the computer do not illuminate (including keyboard LEDs), and the screen is not receiving a video signal, your computer might not be receiving power.

Here are more documents for you. You would need to try these steps to try and find out where the problem is originating from. 

Please re-post with the detailed results of all of the troubleshooting above. 

Thank you! :)

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
0 Kudos
MrBear42 Honor Student
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for the quick response . My computer does not have a removable battery, the light indicating it's plugged in is white,I removed the small amount of dust in the vent , a hard reset was attempted but unsuccessful, connected the hdmi to a t.v. however the computer didn't power up so nothing happens . The other steps require the computer to actually power up which it won't and were not tried .

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
2840 184 354
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey, 

Thank you again for getting back to me. I know that you had mentioned that the white light comes on when you have the AC Adapter plugged into the Notebook. The Notebook may be displaying the light indicating that the AC Adapter is plugged in, but it could still be an issue with the AC Adapter, the Battery or the System Board.

Although they may seem redundant and repetitive, here are steps/information taken from the The computer does not receive power (no noise or lights) section of the Computer Does Not Start (Windows 10) documentation. 

Given the results you have responded with, it is possible the issue is with the System Board. The document says; If the AC adapter and battery tests both result in the LEDs not glowing and the fan and hard drive not spinning, there might be an issue with the system board, which could require service from HP. If that is the case, I would suggest that you jump down to the contact information in this post. 

Here are the steps from the document for you for more clarification: 

A discharged or defective battery might prevent the AC power adapter from supplying enough power to start the computer.

• To test this, remove the notebook battery (You had said that you do not have a removable battery. Here is a document for you called Removing and Replacing the Battery for HP Pavilion x360 Notebook PC.) connect the AC power adapter, then turn on the computer (you can also try these steps with an alternate AC power adapter that has the correct wattage and connector).

See Computer Starts but Screen Remains Blank (Windows 10, 8).

A defective AC power adapter might not charge the battery, and this could prevent the computer from starting on battery power only.

• To test this, connect the AC power adapter, allow the computer to charge for 30 minutes or more, disconnect the AC power adapter, then try to start the computer (you can also try these steps with a fully charged battery from another computer).

See Computer Starts but Screen Remains Blank (Windows 10, 8).

Do you happen to know if you are still under warranty? If not, please use the Check Your Product Warranty site.

You can use the following steps to contact us:

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect
Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"
Step 4. Scroll down and click on: HP contact options - click on Get phone number

They will be happy to assist you immediately.

Please do not forget to let me know if I answered your question by clicking the Thumbs Up button. If the steps I have provided to you lead you to a resolution, please mark this post as an Accepted Solution. This will ensure that other members wondering the same question can find this thread to help them determine the cause of the issue and steps to try and resolve it as well. 

I hope that this helps you!

Wishing you the best!

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation