blaze420711 Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

hp pavilion dv5-2331nr wont turn on but power button blinks once every 5 seconds.

pavilion dv5-2331nr
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

hi not sure if this is right area for this if not i apologize. i just got this hp pavilion dv5-2331nr from a friend that doesnt use it anymore. it has windows 7 home premium edition on it and its 64 bit.  i went to the bathroom and when i came back the screen was black so i thought i went into hibernation so i went to move mouse to wake it up and it doesnt turn back on but noticed the power button blinks once and then 5 seconds later it blinks again. when the power button on laptop blinks the "FN wireless button" blinks as well. ive tried holding in the power button and tried pressing the power button but it still dont turn on. not sure what else to try if anyone has any suggestions please feel free to let me know. it was working fine prior to it going black and not responding. thanks

1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
19004 18962 1239 1988
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

hp pavilion dv5-2331nr wont turn on but power button blinks once every 5 seconds.

Hi @blaze420711,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums. It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel.

For you to have the best experience on the HP forum, you could also visit our HP Forums Guide for First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I see that your notebook won't start up, that lights blink but nothing happens. I will try to help you with this. 

Let's try the steps listed in the support document which should help you to fix the issue: Here is the link.

Let me know how it goes. I'll be happy to help you with your concern.

If you wish to help others looking for the same solution as you've found, mark the post as Accepted Solution.

If you wish to show appreciation for my effort, please click the Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

And I Hope you have a good day, Ahead.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation