Post new question
Question

Honor Student
Message 1 of 4 (63 Views)

hp pavilion g6 2132tx had long beep during startup, now doesn't turn on.

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)
I have hp pavilion g6 2132tx, which wasn't turning on and I had visited many it professionals. they suggested me for motherboard replacement and I did so. few days ago I turned it on and everything seemed fine. after few restarts there was a long beep sound during startup and I noticed that fan was spinning faster. also the keys q, w, a, x and s was not functioning. I also found the lan to not functioning. after some time I was moving some files between drives(not c drive) and it went off for no reason. at that time power cable was connected. please help me out.
0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
Message 2 of 4 (43 Views)

Re: hp pavilion g6 2132tx had long beep during startup, now doesn't turn on.

Hi @sanjeetkpaul,

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that your HP Pavilion g6-2132tx Notebook PC does not start and also there is a long beep.

This issue could occur if the memory module is loose or is not making good contact with the memory slot.

Let's go through a few steps to troubleshoot this issue.

And here's the step by step guide for you in the link: Computer Does Not Start and Emits a LED or Beep Code

Let me know how this works.

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23
I am an HP Employee

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

Honor Student
Message 3 of 4 (37 Views)

[ Edited ]

I believe I misphrased my problem. sorry for that. actually when my pc was able to start then this long beep was coming up. but now it doesnt turn on and there is neither any kind of sound nor emitting LED. Please also consider that this problem was followed by my motherboard replacement.

Highlighted
HP Support Agent
Message 4 of 4 (24 Views)

Hi @ sanjeetkpaul,

Thank you for your reply, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that the computer does not start and also there is no LED light glowing.

Please follow the link: Troubleshooting No LED Lights Glow During Startup or Boot

Let me know if this works.

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23
I am an HP Employee

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation