Did you mean: 
KP677
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

hp pavilion wont boot

Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

hp pavilion wont boot. power indicator shows white w/o battery, orange with battery. will not boot with power adaptor only. new power adaptor.

1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
21,631 21,586 1,825 2,917
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

hp pavilion wont boot

@KP677

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips,
Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂

As I understand the computer is not turning on or is displaying only a black screen,

Please perform the below steps:

If the computer does not start, the LED lights do not glow, and the display is black,
you can perform one or more of the following actions to resolve the no power issue:

(Click on the blue letters to get more details about each step)

1. Examine the adapter and power cord for physical damage
  2. Test the power from the AC wall outlet to the notebook connector
  3. Start computer using the battery only
  4. Check that the lid switch moves freely
  5. When you have completed the troubleshooting steps covered in this document, there should be power available to the computer. When you press the power button, the LEDs should glow, and you should hear the sounds of the fan and the hard drive spinning.

Eager to help,
I hope you have a good day ahead,
And Feel free to ask your queries as this forum has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help.
Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation