Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion x360 Convertible 14-cd007tu
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

hey guys, i have HP Pavilion x360 Convertible 14-cd007tu laptop 

due to its slow hdd performance i i decided to upgrade it with kingston nvme m.2 pcie ssd 

my wndows folder show that i had ssd in laptop i will drop the pic of that but when i cloned my windows c drive from hdd to ssd and wanted to set boot priority of my windows 10 os to ssd it is not showing in bios menu it only shows my old hdd in os boot manger so i cant set my priority and not able to boot through ssd, i tried disabling secure boot option but it doesnt work, i also tried to remove my hdd and again open bios menu so it is again show my hdd even i had removed it and it was not recognising my ssd i was shocked and i m exhausted and crying pls help me anyone.1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

Did you try just booting from the M.2 SSD with the hard drive disconnected?

Don't go into the BIOS, just turn on the PC and see if it boots from the M.2 SSD.

HP Recommended

to disconnet well i removed my hdd so it is saying install windows and i t can read my ssd and there is option in device manager properties of hdd can i try to disable ssd from there without any physical removal

HP Recommended

Connect your 2.5" drive back up for now, and see if your notebook is supported by the HP cloud recovery tool which you can use to create a bootable USB recovery drive that will reinstall W10, the drivers and the software that originally came with your notebook on the new M.2 SSD

Here is an info link for how to use that utility...

HP Consumer PCs - Using the HP Cloud Recovery Tool (Windows 10, 7) | HP® Customer Support

After you make the bootable USB recovery drive, disconnect the hard drive again and see if the cloud recovery tool will install W10 directly onto the SSD and hopefully you will be able to boot from it.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.