Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

If you are getting a loud continious beep (beeeeeeep) then what you very likely have a faulty keyboard (common for that laptop). What you need to do is pull out the internal keyboard, do this by removing the internal keyboard and completely disconnecting it from your pc. While booting plug in an external keyboard and you will hear no such beep.

- Good luck :3

HP Recommended

Reseat is taking the part out and then putting it back carefully to be sure it's centered in the connection and plugged all the way in.  It's easy to put a part back and  not quite have it plugged in all the way, especially where RAM is concerned. I came to this page looking for a fix and found that when I do get into Windows, if I open a page that requires any type of input, the 8 key appears to be endlessly repeating. It appears to be stuck but I've pulled it out and replaced it making sure the parts aren't warped. I'm thinking the back of the keyboard may be indented causing the error of a key on the keyboard being held down during boot.

Someone else has clearly been in this machine before it was brought to me as there are tool marks on the screws and a few of them were in the wrong holes. One of those two were holding the keyboard in and it was too long. I'll post anything I find that says if this is or isn't the problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.