Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
pavilion dm4 1000
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

HI

Ms/Mr I need the hp protect tools security manger download link and what do I if i accidentally uninstalled the PCI Simple communications controller driver.

PCI Simple communications controller:

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_3B64&SUBSYS_1469103C&REV_06

as well i got a code 28

Thank you

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi:

The Protect Tools Security Manager software is only for HP business class notebooks.

I doubt it will work in your model notebook.

Here is the link you requested...

HP ProtectTools Security Manager provides enhanced Windows login and website single-sign-on capabilities. Security Manager is also the host for HP ProtectTools plugins, and therefore should be installed before other ProtectTools modules. This package is available for supported notebook models running a supported operating system.

sp56391.exe (hp.com)

Here is the driver you need for the PCI Simple communications controller:

This package provides the Intel Management Engine Interface (MEI) Driver for the supported notebook models and operating systems. The Intel Management Engine Interface enables communication between the host operating system and the Intel Management Engine firmware.

sp52353.exe (hp.com)

HP Recommended

Although the hp protect didnt work i got this 

Zarif2_0-1607905802851.png

in the se

HP Recommended

how do i use the finger print scanner that i have (i am using window 7)

HP Recommended

You would use this software for your notebook...

This package contains the HP SimplePass Identity Protection 2011 Software for the supported notebook models and operating systems. This software protects identity information and account access using the computer owner's fingerprint.

sp52620.exe (hp.com)

HP Recommended

Ok I already downloaded this and signed in how do I setup the finger print

HP Recommended

Unfortunately, that I do not know. 

I have never used a fingerprint scanner before, so I suggest you read the info at the link below...

HP Notebook PCs - Setup and Use the SimplePass 2011 Fingerprint Reader | HP® Customer Support

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.