cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
Zarif2
4 3 0 0
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post

hp protect tools security manger

HP Recommended
pavilion dm4 1000
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

HI

Ms/Mr I need the hp protect tools security manger download link and what do I if i accidentally uninstalled the PCI Simple communications controller driver.

PCI Simple communications controller:

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_3B64&SUBSYS_1469103C&REV_06

as well i got a code 28

Thank you

6 REPLIES 6
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
136,407 91,069 20,985 28,073
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

The Protect Tools Security Manager software is only for HP business class notebooks.

I doubt it will work in your model notebook.

Here is the link you requested...

HP ProtectTools Security Manager provides enhanced Windows login and website single-sign-on capabilities. Security Manager is also the host for HP ProtectTools plugins, and therefore should be installed before other ProtectTools modules. This package is available for supported notebook models running a supported operating system.

sp56391.exe (hp.com)

Here is the driver you need for the PCI Simple communications controller:

This package provides the Intel Management Engine Interface (MEI) Driver for the supported notebook models and operating systems. The Intel Management Engine Interface enables communication between the host operating system and the Intel Management Engine firmware.

sp52353.exe (hp.com)

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Zarif2
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Although the hp protect didnt work i got this 

Zarif2_0-1607905802851.png

in the se

Zarif2
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

how do i use the finger print scanner that i have (i am using window 7)

Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You would use this software for your notebook...

This package contains the HP SimplePass Identity Protection 2011 Software for the supported notebook models and operating systems. This software protects identity information and account access using the computer owner's fingerprint.

sp52620.exe (hp.com)

Zarif2
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Ok I already downloaded this and signed in how do I setup the finger print

Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Unfortunately, that I do not know. 

I have never used a fingerprint scanner before, so I suggest you read the info at the link below...

HP Notebook PCs - Setup and Use the SimplePass 2011 Fingerprint Reader | HP® Customer Support

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation