Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion dv6-2140ee Entertainment Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

hi, 

can anyone can send me the link for 

hp soft pack for  bios f.1d dated 11/24/2015

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@anoop5 Welcome to HP Forums Community!

I've gone through the HP website and the only BIOS update available is sp48953 (Release date: Jun 11, 2010),

If you've done that and you need something higher, I'm afraid there's none available, perhaps, you can tell me what you need, so I can help you better.

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

hi,

thanks for the reply. actually my problem is that my audio is auto adjusting always (the audi slider also displayed showing up and down) and i think the wifi connection also disconnects itself during this process. when i am running HP support assistant its always performing resetiing of my drivers and enabling WLAN capability in HP WMI HW SWITCH. i unistalled, reinstalled updated all my drivers even done a windows 10 clean install, still the problem persists. my audi driver IDT high definition. i have REaltek pcie Gbe family controller and Broadcom 802.11n network work adapter installed. someone told updating BIOS will help 

if you can help to find a solution please...

thanking you in advance

Anoop

HP Recommended

@anoop5 I suggest you check if more than one antivirus program is installed, and remove one of the two as that could cause such issues, also, run a full antivirus and antispyware scan to be on a safer side, if the issue persists, please check if this issue occurs on the safe mode (click here for details), if the issue occurs on safe mode as well, please run a hardware test using the below steps:

• Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.
  • Turn on the computer and immediately press Esc repeatedly, about once every second. When the menu appears, press the F2 key.
  • On the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI) main menu, click System Tests.
  • Click Extensive Test.
  • Click Run once, or Loop until error.
  • While the test is running, the time remaining and test result for each component display on the screen.

If a component fails a test, write down the failure ID (24-digit code) for when you respond back to us.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

hi

in Safe mode also the problem persists. The volume slide bar showing up and volume changing automatically with wifi connection getting disconnected.

i even unistalled all my audio drivers then also volume slide bar shows up with moving slide and wifi disconnecting.

in my lap i didn't see any system test ot extensive test. I done a Run In Test which gave 

SHORT DST FAILED

FAILURE ID--GW4E2W-51W9LL-XD0021-60T103

HARD DISK 1

HP Recommended

@anoop5 I'm afraid that confirms a hardware malfunction within the hard drive, the failure ID represents error code 303 and I suggest you talk to HP support and discuss your options:

follow the below steps to get started:

1) Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2) Click on "Continue as guest".

3) Enter the serial of your device.

4) Select the country from the drop-down.

5) Click on "Show Options".

Fill the web-form, to populate a case number and phone number for yourself!

I hope that answers your query,  

If it did, simply select "Accept as solution", to help the community grow, 

And if you wish to thank us for our efforts, click on the thumbs up for kudos.

Have a great day ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.