Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

So no HP employee activity ???

Few weeks ago and no response or driver updates nor fixes to the delayed fan problem........

Such a lack of interest....

HP Recommended

we spent 1500 euro (or more maybe) for no support, the problem start from bios, in hp spectre late 2018 we have the same problem with delayed fans and 90 degree temperature. They should understand that we have premium laptop and we need premium support. 

HP Recommended

I am having exactly the same problem - delayed fans kick in. I am worried that this will affect the longevity of the laptop. 
As it seems a software problem, will getting a replacement help?

@HP - Will there be a software update to fix this or not?

HP Recommended

As someone who already sent it in for repair once, I was not impressed that the same problem arose again only a month later. I realised this may just be a software problem. I updated everything on both windows update and HP support center, only to realise that a lot of the updates would just fail. 

I finally found a fix. I went to device manager, chose Firmware, and from there you just look for driver updates (BIOS Updates). This will prompt a restart and the BIOS will be updated. Since the update the fans actually turn on again and the laptop is back to being a beast.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.