Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 15-cs2125nl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I bought the notebook on August 27 and the warranty expires in 5 months, I have already opened a dispute with the purchase receipt attached but I have not received any information, what should I do? otherwise I will be forced to contact consumer protection

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@debby1987 

First of all STOP making threats -- it's RUDE and will do you no good.

Second -- the warranty end date IS correct -- as that is set when the PC is built not when it is sold.  It is the consumer's responsibility to register their product after purchase so the date can be reset.  If you did not do that, it is NOT the fault of HP.

To reset the date, you should be able to use this page:  Check your warranty status - HP Support Center

If that does not work, you will need to contact HP Customer Support:

HP worldwide contact info: http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-contact-us.html

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

first the product was registered on the same day of purchase so his suggestion didn't work and 2 what if i bought the product on august 27 i can't get 5 months warranty left !!!! the warranty is one year from purchase or am I wrong ???

HP Recommended

@debby1987 

Yes -- you are absolutely correct -- the warranty is for 12 months from the date of purchase.

If you went online and did the registration process and that did not reset your warranty start date, then as I mentioned, you will have to contact HP Customer Support directly because that is something we here can not reset for you.

Sorry for the problems.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.