johnny1million
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

just updated my Bios as recommended by HP support now windows is not loading

HP Pavilion 590-p0201a
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have just updated the Bios on my pc and now windows won't load. I have a blue screen showing the words,

Recovery.

Followed by,

It looks like windows didn't load correctly.

I have tried trouble shooting and reseting the PC that didnt work.

I stuck as of now any help would be wonderful thanks.

1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
22,685 22,642 1,899 3,017
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

just updated my Bios as recommended by HP support now windows is not loading

@johnny1million Welcome to HP Community! Here's what you need to know & do:

The BIOS is the first software to run after turning on the computer. If the BIOS on your computer becomes corrupted, the computer fails to boot to Windows. The BIOS can be corrupted during normal operation, through environmental conditions (such as a power surge or outage), from a failed BIOS upgrade or damage from a virus. If the BIOS is corrupted, the system automatically attempts to restore the BIOS from a hidden partition when the computer is restarted. 

1. Turn off the computer, and then connect the power cord.

2. Press and hold the Windows key and the B key at the same time, and then press and hold the Power button for 2 to 3 seconds.

Keyboard highlighting the key presses for BIOS recovery

FOR DETAILS & FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS, USE THIS LINK: CLICK HERE & SKIP TO STEP 3

(By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)

Keep me posted, as I (Or a trusted colleague) shall follow-up on this case to ensure the concern has been addressed, 

And your device is up and running again, only in case you don't get back to us, first! 

That said, If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

That'll help us, and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation