Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
X7T74UA#ABA
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

weird.. when i reboot my laptop the keyboard will not word but, when i shut it down and turn back on it works.. any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

855027-001

the price might be higher than you might want to pay.  you might just be better off living with the way that it is.

Please remember to select the answer

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

I would say it is more of a bug in windows possibly but could you please enter the BIOS and tell me what the BIOS version is?  (usually looks like F. **) (*=numbers).

HP Recommended

F.22-12/28/16

Spoiler

HP Recommended

yeah its a Pepsi bug. my daughter accidently spilled pepsi into the entire laptop. luckally i got it all out and all works fine now other then the keyboard issue.

HP Recommended

If that is the case then im sure a replacement keyboard might solve the problem.  would you like me to provide you with the part number for a keyboard?

HP Recommended
Even though it'll work if I completely shut it down and turn back on?
HP Recommended

I really don't think it is a very big problem.  If you do want it fixed then i would suggest purchasing a replacement keyboard.  You don't have to if you dont want to but it is up to you what you want to do.

HP Recommended
That's fine, thanks. What's the part number?
HP Recommended

What is your keyboard language  and color?

HP Recommended
English.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.