Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP pavilion 15-ab117ng
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have HP pavilion 15 ab 117ng about 1 year and half.

recently laptop shut down without any battery low notification and I lose my files.

I followed instruction published in HP community support. for example updating BIOS, check battery setting notification in windows( low battery notification is ON).they didnot work!

it seems to me battery also is draining fast in comparison with past!

is there any solution for that!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

So you can buy your battery with my link, is an official HP seller. 

If I have been answer to your question please accept it as a solution 🙂
I am Expert from French Community, and I am doing my best to help you with your question.

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18
HP Recommended

Hello, your battery can be used.. 

You can use HP Support Assistant to make a battery's test, and if you don't have any error, please paste me all your test's rapport. 

If you don't have HP Support Assistant you can install it here: https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp95001-95500/sp95226.exe

I am Expert from French Community, and I am doing my best to help you with your question.

HP Recommended

I have attached the screen shot of test result

strange thing is few seconds ago laptop shut down due to same problem (power AC disconnected ) and battery level was about 30 percent.I just now connect the AC power and it shows 61 % of battery in test result!

test.jpg

HP Recommended

Hello, I see in this rapport your battery is very used.. It has 447 charging and discharging charges but it has designed for 300 cycles.. 

If you want to replace your battery, you can find a new battery here: https://eu.eetgroup.com/i/800049-001-HP-Inc.-Batt-4C-WHR-2.8AH-LI-KI04041

HP Recommended

so is this final solution to no "low battery warning"? 

HP Recommended

Hello, yes I think and it is the final solution for your autonomy problem. 

HP Recommended

that website does not have battery for same model 

HP Pavilion Notebook - 15-ab117ng

is there any website I can find? is it recommended to buy from ebay or amazon?

is there any info that if I buy new battery how long it will work normally!

HP Recommended

Your battery is not reference 800049-001?? You can see this in a label on the battery, "HP Spare" or HP Replace.

If it is this reference you can buy it:

https://eu.eetgroup.com/i/800049-001-HP-Inc.-Batt-4C-WHR-2.8AH-LI-KI04041

HP Recommended

yes on the battery is written : replace with hp spare: 800049-001

HP Recommended

So you can buy your battery with my link, is an official HP seller. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.