Welcome to the HP Forums!
This is a wonderful place to converse with the community, get assistance and find tips.
I reviewed your post and understand that the computer is going to a black screen after login.
I'll be glad to help you :)
In order that I may provide you with an accurate solution, I will need a few more details.
- When was the last time the computer was working fine?
- What is the operating system you are using?
- Are you facing this issue after any Windows update?
- Have you performed any troubleshooting steps before posting?
Meanwhile, I recommend you follow the below steps and check if it helps.
- Boot the PC
- Wait 15-20 minutes for the boot process to complete and for the desktop to load
- Once on desktop, Download and install HP Image Enhancement for System Login.
- Restart the computer and check if the issue is resolved.
Please post your results, as I will be looking forward to hearing from you.
To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.
Good day! Take care :)
I am an HP Employee