04-18-2010 11:03 PM - edited 04-18-2010 11:03 PM
Hi! I'm barely using my laptop, or maybe just watching a few videos online here and there, and then my laptop gets super hot (even when it's idle, it's several degrees C higher than I'm comfortable with/normal) and then at some point, if i open my webcam or photoshop or something, it'll just shut down. i'm pretty sure it's an overheating problem, but it's only been happening as of late. I'm sorry there aren't any better details, this is the best I can explain my problem. Any help/advice would be appreciated!
07-11-2011 04:35 AM
Overheating is considered as one of the major causes of shutdown problems in laptops.
When any laptop runs, it generates heat and if it does not cool down, it may result in random shutdowns.
Thus, to get rid of this issue with your HP laptop, you should keep it on a flat surface and allow the fans underneath to work.
The use of cooling pads for laptops is also recommended. This helps in removing the excess heat.
Get more information to fix HP Laptop Keeps shutting down :
Hope this information helps you.
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Black Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Starts but Screen Remains Blank (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start (Windows 10)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)