Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
hp 14" laptop windows 10 S mode
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

laptop locked up - msg displayed (Blue background) - enabling trusted platform module (TPM) enhances the security of your device and is a requirement to upgrade your machine to windows 11. do you want to enable TPM?

press F1 = agree    Press F2 = Disagree

Hitting any key causes loud beep - no action.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

I have just had the exact same error, now my laptop is stuck at a black loading screen just after the HP logo at startup. Please help

HP Recommended

Same problem! Have you resolved it????

HP Recommended

I had the same problem with my customers laptop, but managed to fix it.

It was an display driver problem.

PC got also an update to Windows 10, so it might have something to with this also.

I was able to connect remotely to laptop and update display driver.

Also I disabled TPM from BIOS which was programatically enabled, allthough I don't no if this has anything to do with problem. If you have option to make it "hidden" it could be better.

So you could try to boot Windows 10 to "VGA mode".

MS was stupid enough to remove F8 option to enter recovery mode in Windows 10, so you maybe have to make several interrupted boots ( turn on and on Windows load press power to intterupt), so Windows 10 automatically goes to recovery mode.

There you should select....

1. Troubleshoot

2. Advanced options

3. Startup settings

4. Enable low resolution mode

Then I downloaded new display driver from HP support page and installed it.

(My adapter was "Intel uhd graphics 605)

This was my case, so I don't give any guarentee 🙂

JariS

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.