Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

after installing the latest Windows update, my laptop will not boot. After doing a system scan I received a failure ID: 

94QFVX-82WAJB-XD7WMA-60UP03

please advise, thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

Below is the failure report generated by the code you posted, minus your notebook's serial number.

Failure Information
Failure ID Tag Checksum HP Serial Number Test Date Failure Code Device Includes Error Message
94QFVX-82WAJB-XD7WMA-60UP03OKXXXXXXXXXX3/16/21303StorageFloppy Drive, Hard Drive, Memory Drive, Optical Drive, SCSI, Tape DriveHard Disk 1 Quick Test Failure

You will need to install a new hard drive, and reinstall the operating system.

Below is the link to the service manual, where you can find the hard drive removal and replacement procedure.

HP Notebook PC (AMD)HP 255 G4 Notebook PC Maintenance and Service Guide

You may want to consider replacing the 2.5" mechanical hard drive with a better performing 2.5" solid state drive (SSD).

After you replace the drive, you can reinstall W10 by making bootable installation media with the media creation tool at the link below...

Download Windows 10 (microsoft.com)

When W10 has completed installing, you can install the drivers and available software from your notebook's support page.

HP Notebook - 15-af131dx (ENERGY STAR) Software and Driver Downloads | HP® Customer Support

HP Recommended

This is incorrect.   I backed up my data and restored the computer to factory settings, and it works fine again.  There is something wrong with the most recent windows update.  My hard drive is fine.  The problem is that the last update was a forced update, so at this point a better question might be for me to ask how can I shut down my computer without accepting a windows update??

HP Recommended

That I would not know.

I always let Windows update all of my PC's and never had any hard drive failure reports after an update was installed.

If there is a particular update I don't want, I run the Hide Windows Update Utility that I zipped up and attached below.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.