Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

hey,i use a core i5 HP ab001na..lately,after charging my device to 100%,after a while(when it gets to 50% and below),it goes off without any warning but it doesn't happen when the charger is plugged in and also sometimes,after plugging my AC adapter,the notification i get is 'plugged in,not charging'....please,what should i do?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @PRYZE,

Thanks for replying. As I understand the laptop charges when plugged in but shuts down when the battery is 50%.

As suggested in the previous post, I would suggest you go ahead and perform a test on the battery:

Testing and Calibrating the Battery (Windows 10) - Click here

Testing and Calibrating the Battery (Windows 😎 - Click here

Testing and Calibrating the Battery (Windows 7) - Click here

Depending on the test results, I would suggest you  contact our HP phone support for available service options. Please fill in the product details to get the tech support number.

What you can do, is use the following link to create yourself a case number, then call and it may help speed up the call process: 

Step 1. Open link: http://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp
Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect 
Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options" 
Step 4. Scroll down and click on HP contact options - click on Get phone number 
Case number and phone number appear. 

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with your and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards, 

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @PRYZE,

Thank you for posting on HP Support Forums. It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. I came across your post and wanted to assist you.

As I Understand the laptop is plugged into the adapter/charger but it doesn't charge or power on anymore,

Don't worry, though, as I have a few steps listed below that should help you resolve this concern:

Unplug the charge and use the laptop until the battery drains to 15%.

Turn off the laptop and turn it back on after 30mins.

Reinstalled Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery under device manager,

Restart the computer and the issue should be fixed.

Also, Go through them all and let me know what you have determined is causing the issue. The first document has the most relevant troubleshooting if your battery appears to be not charging.

Battery Does not Power Notebook or Hold a Charge  

Battery Charging Delayed When Operating Notebook in High Ambient Temperatures

Battery Does Not Charge when Using a Voltage Adapter with the Power Adapter

Battery Indicator Light Turns On and Off While Battery is Charging

Using and Testing the AC Power Adapter

To understand more about how your battery works: Click here

If you are able to reach some resolution, please click on Accept Solution to help others with similar issues.

If you appreciate my assistance, please click on the thumbs up icon.

Both icons are below this post.

Have a good day, Ahead.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

No,the laptop charges when plugged in but after a full charge,it shuts down when the battery percentage is 50% as in 'die completely'....it doesn't even show the usual flickering light when the battery is low and to reboot it,I have to charge it ,its as if the new low battery on my  laptop I s 50%

HP Recommended

Hi @PRYZE,

Thanks for replying. As I understand the laptop charges when plugged in but shuts down when the battery is 50%.

As suggested in the previous post, I would suggest you go ahead and perform a test on the battery:

Testing and Calibrating the Battery (Windows 10) - Click here

Testing and Calibrating the Battery (Windows 😎 - Click here

Testing and Calibrating the Battery (Windows 7) - Click here

Depending on the test results, I would suggest you  contact our HP phone support for available service options. Please fill in the product details to get the tech support number.

What you can do, is use the following link to create yourself a case number, then call and it may help speed up the call process: 

Step 1. Open link: http://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp
Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect 
Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options" 
Step 4. Scroll down and click on HP contact options - click on Get phone number 
Case number and phone number appear. 

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with your and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards, 

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.