Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
hp pavilion dv7-4065dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Starts with Error Occurred, starts Diagnosing then attempts repair. Repair fails. Other options all result in failed repair. then diagnosing and repair starts all over again

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi,

Try performing a hardware test at boot. (It could be a hard drive problem)

So, turn off the PC by holding power button. Turn on PC and press ESC continously until startup menu appears. Next press F2 to enter diagnostics. Try the hard drive or system test.

Let me know,

David

HP Recommended

tried <esc>, tried f2, tried f11, tried f10, tried f9. Tried everything under other options. Nothing has worked. 

HP Recommended

Hi,

If you have tried everything, it will be difficult to help you. We need first see if the hard drive has a hardware problem and then try to get an OS running again.

Turn off the PC by holding the power button.

Turn on PC and immediately and continuously press ESC until Startup menu appears.

Does the startup menu appear?

Once you are in the startup menu, press F2 to enter diagnostics

Does diagnostics appear?

Perform hard drive test which is under the heading component test. Try a fast test. You can also perform a system test.

Did you perform a hard drive test and what are the results?

Let me know,

David

HP Recommended

Performed all the tests. Hard drive - no errors. I have made a copy of Windows ten on a usb thumb drive. I’m at the point where I’m ready to reinstall os. Is there anything left to try before I attempt this?

HP Recommended

tried hdd test. Passed. All hardware passed.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.