Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
pavilion 15- bc500na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

My laptop is 2 years old and now wont power on or boot up. Threr are no lights and its just dead. I plugged in the charger and left it for 24 hours and only result was the ac adaptor was slightly warm.The battery was full before i left it for a week untouched when i went on holiday. The plug is in a surge protector. Nothing has happened - no lightning/ water spillage/ dropped on the floor etc, so i am just stuck for what is wrong with it. The battery is hidden inside the case which is crap because i have no idea how to take it apart. Any suggestions to how i can or if i can fix it?

Thanks!

Ktcam
3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@ktcam 

Most likely, the battery died.  Windows 10 comes with a new form of hibernation enabled BY DEFAULT and when you turn off a laptop, it still draws power.  I have that problem in my HP laptop but the battery is removable, so I can take it out if I am storing the laptop for more than a couple of days.

Since this laptop is out of warranty, HP will not service it so your only recourse is to take it to a local laptop repair facility and see if they can remove the battery for testing and then replace it if it is dead.  If it is not, you will need to have them see if they can run diagnostics on it to find out what else is failing.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Than you so much for replying.

I kind of thought it may be the battery as there is no reason the charger would be faulty.  It is inevitable  I will have to take it to someone who can test the battety and replace it if needed. I daren't try take out the battery myself as i am rubbish at fixing things. Hopefully it is nothing more serious. Tbh, it has put me off buying HP as my old Acer lasted for years without issue. All i forsee is pound signs flying out through an open window.....😥

Thanks again for your quick response 🙂

Ktcam
HP Recommended

@ktcam 

Don't get me wrong, I'm not defending HP per se, but nearly ALL the modern laptops are like the modern cell phones -- slabs of plastic glued together that you can open to change anything.   My 10-year old HP laptop, which is still working OK, has lots of access panels that can be opened easily with a screwdriver.  The modern laptops have NONE.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.