03-21-2017 05:33 AM
I was watching a movie and connected my windows mobile phone to charge through the system, i was prompted that my USB is not recognized i didn't take it seriously. in the space of few minutes the laptop went off and unable to charge. i did the following
- unplugged the DC adapter from the computer
- powered on for 30+ seconds while the battery was uninstalled. please help me
03-21-2017 06:30 PM
Welcome to the HP Forums 🙂 I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers. For you to have the best experience on the HP forum, you could also visit our HP Forums Guide for First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.
As I understand the computer is not turning on or is displaying only a black screen and the battery isn't charging either,
To provide an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:
Is there is a light on the power button, keyboard and/or the charger port?
What is the product number of this computer? (Ensure you do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc...).
Have you performed any steps on your own before posting on the HP Forums?
In the meantime, you perform the below steps:
If the computer does not start, the LED lights do not glow, and the display is black, you can perform one or more of the following actions to resolve the no power issue:
(Click on the blue letters to get more details about each step)
1. Examine the adapter and power cord for physical damage
2. Test the power from the AC wall outlet to the notebook connector
3. Start computer using the battery only
4. Check that the lid switch moves freely
5. When you have completed the troubleshooting steps, there should be power available to the computer. When you press the power button, the LEDs should glow, and you should hear the sounds of the fan and the hard drive spinning.
* If the battery does not accept the charge or the notebook does not turn on without the AC adapter, contact HP to order a replacement battery.
* If the LEDs do not glow, and there are no other indicators of power being available to the computer, contact HP for technical assistance in troubleshooting a potential problem with the AC power connection or the system board.
* If the LEDs blink, or the computer beeps, but it does not start, go to HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting LED Blink Codes or Beep Codes During Startup or Boot.
* If the LEDs glow but the computer does not start on either battery or AC power, go to Troubleshooting Black Screen Displays with No Error Messages During Startup or Boot.
Eager to help,
I hope you have a good day ahead,
And Feel free to ask your queries as this forum has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help.
I am an HP Employee
03-31-2017 07:01 AM
Thanks for the reply and trying the suggested steps.
Have you tried to power On the computer with only the adapter connected? (Battery disconnected)
Do you get any light on the adapter port?
If you are not getting any light on the power adapter port, please connect the adapter to a different wall outlet or try a different adapter.
If you do get a light on the adapter port. Try doing a BIOS rollback.
Do a hard reset,
Connect only the adapter.
Turn the computer ON while holding the Win + B key. (hold these 2 keys for more than 10 seconds, let go of the power button alone)
If rolling back BIOS does not work.
Please contact our phone support for the service options.
You can also refer to articles below.
Let me know if this helped.
If the information I've provided was helpful,
Please give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accepted Solution" and "Kudos" buttons,
That’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!
I am an HP Employee