Locked topic

This topic has been locked due to inactivity for a long period of time. If you have a question, please create a new topic by clicking here.
dadrogers Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post
HP Recommended

locked up elite notebook 8460p to a black grey login screen that lets me to crude screen keyboard t

hp notebook elite 8460p
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

a friend using note book some how locked it up. when turned on instead of my scenic ocean picture asking me to log in,i get this black and grey screen with log in at the top,hp emblem lower rt bottom corner. up toward the upper left it has user id:with my name and 4 numbers,below it enter pass word,then audible alerts dissabled press f5 to inable.then 1/2" lower a little white box for pass wrd. when i enter pass word it goes to a new screen showing a screen keyboard that looks like something from the flinstones wants password again but when attemted it says its locked shut off and turn on. leading right back to the start over crap. she may of been playing with the finger scan id trying to set it up,note sure just guessing. also when trying to use f2 /f3/f9 ect it will bring up the diagnoses and run but not tell anything, the rest they start to come up but flashes right to sign in land\

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation