Top Student
6 3 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

login help forgot password

HP 2000-239WM NOTEBOOK PC
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello my daughter has forgot her login password to her HP 2000-239wmnotebook how can i reset it without losing everything ?

1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
19308 19266 1255 2021
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

login help forgot password

Hi @sharpmarcus,

Thanks for taking an interest in the HP Support Forums! This is a great location to get resolutions and interact with experts from the community. I understand that you have issues regarding the password on your computer that does not let you boot to windows. I’ll be really glad to assist you with this.

You could perform a system restore to a good known working date before the issue occurred.

Link: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01835735 please follow the step” Using System Restore when Windows 7 cannot start normally” to complete the system restore.

Use one of the following options to reset the password for your local account.

* If you have created a password reset disk, use the disk to reset your password. SeeReset your local user account password using a password reset disk.

* If you do not have a password reset disk, you may be able to reset the password from a different administrator account. See Changing the password from another User Account in Windows 7.

* If you are not able to access the account see Accessing files and folders from an account when no other option is available

If you need help determining the type of account you set up on the computer, continue to Which type of account did you create?

For more details: Click here

Here's a related post in the forum which has helped other users resolve this issue. Here is the link.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you require any further assistance.

If you wish to help others looking for the same solution as you've found, mark the post as Accepted Solution.

If you wish to show appreciation for my effort, please click the Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation